Error

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jacco van der Ven

Error

Post by jacco van der Ven »

I have an error "Unable to parse default time span value [Hour=00, Minute=00].

What can I do about this and what does it means?

Regards,
Jacco
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: Error

Post by Richard Naninck »

Jacco,

If you do a search on 'Unable to parse default time span value' you will find all there is to know. In short:

Somehow HouseBot didn't shutdown in a clean way corrupting the dbase.
You probably have some timers setup and the standard times in those timers are corrupted. If you reset the timers, you would be good again. I see this lots of times during testing but my setup auto restores this situation. If you setup a task called Startup, this task will be executed @ HB start. In this task all of my timers are (re)set to the proper value. So if HB were to corrupt the timers again, the Startup task would auto fix this problem. You would still be notified about the error, because the task executes thereafter, but the problem would be resolved and on a second HB start you wouldn't get the error again. Set lines like these in the Startup Task:
Change 'Timer Devices\One Minute Timer.Sleep Time' to '01:00'

If you have MS Access, in some cases you may need to repair the dbase to resolve such errors. Also lots about that can be found on this forum.

Good luck
Timoh
Advanced Member

Post by Timoh »

I've had that before. I don't remember what I was trying to exactly because it has been a while... But I seem to think it was related to using a time in a task if statement. Maybe a calculation on time... So something like... today - 1 day is greater than date property value.
Tim
jacco van der Ven

Post by jacco van der Ven »

Ok, thanks, I will change my startup task, hope that helps.

Regards,
Jacco
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

I've had this off and on- thanks for the Startup task- I had no idea that existed! Doing it RIGHT NOW. ;-)
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Since we're talking errors, I get two of these every time I start HB-

Unable to start the IPC Server. Error = [Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. ]

Anybody know about this one?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

markd wrote:Since we're talking errors, I get two of these every time I start HB-

Unable to start the IPC Server. Error = [Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. ]

Anybody know about this one?
Basically this means that the HouseBot server is trying to create a socket (an end point for communicating with another piece of software over the net), but there is already a socket on this machine for the exact same address.

If you are using multiple external control devices, make sure that they are all using a unique Server IP Port number. Also, check to see that the 'Device Replication Port' in the main menu/Settings/Program Options is set to 0 (unless you are actually using device replication, then make sure it's a unique port number).

If you have installed other 3rd party Devices that communicate with another machine, it is also possible that they are using an IP port that is conflicting with an external control or other device.
Scott
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Ok . .. with that clue I found them. Not sure where they came from though- maybe the old Housebot Browser? Thanks!
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

On the topic of timespans, I have noticed that the format of the timespan differs based upon what you are dealing with. Some require this format:

Code: Select all

Hour=2, Minute=50, Second=30
Whereas others (the countdown timers i think) require this format:

Code: Select all

Hours=2, Minutes=50, Seconds=30
Note that one is singular and the other is plural.

Osler